Monday, March 18, 2019

Been a while

Sorry it’s been so long. For some reason this was an area that I struggled in during my pregnancy. Writing about it, made it real on another level than was just too much for me to process at the time. Which is kind of strange when I look back and reflect on it, because most days I felt good- positive and hopeful, but for some reason I couldn’t find the energy to write about it. Maybe it was because I was actually in a happy place instead of a fearful, lost place. So for my readers that are still in that place, I hope that one day you become so happy that it’s hard to go back to those feelings. 

I will start by saying- I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy in January 2019. So don’t worry that I’m back writing because something terrible happened, just the opposite, I wanted to make sure I came back and continued my story for those that are still struggling and looking for that hopeful, happy ending. Well I’m here to tell you that it is possible, this is not to say that it wasn’t a really, mentally/emotionally exhausting struggle, even my birth and pregnancy came with struggles, but in the end it was all absolutely worth it! 

Picking up from the last post back in July 2018- I actually had another bleed right after that post (could also be another reason that I stopped writing). It was just as terrible. It was a Saturday night, so it landed us in the ER. We were there for a few hours and had to wait that whole time to know that our baby was okay! It was torturous!!! The radiologist is not allowed to say anything and she didn’t even turn the volume on so we couldn’t hear a heartbeat. Chris was so upset he got up and looked at the screen himself- thank God he told me he saw a heartbeat (radiologist was not happy but oh well!!) The Dr finally came to say that once again the baby was perfect and there was no explanation for the bleed. 

A few days later we finally saw our OB, in enters our Dr Perkes, he helped us so much throughout our pregnancy, a truly amazing person. 

Our pregnancy journey was also not an easy one... every single high risk factors that I could have I did! But it all ended up perfect. 

More on those details in future blogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment