Friday, June 30, 2017

May the Fourth be with us

So... for those of you that don't know my husband, Chris is a HUGE Star Wars fan. So when he found out that our beta (bloodowork to confirm pregnancy) would be on May 4th, he flipped. He made me swear on my life not to test before the 4th because he wanted to find out then. This tww (two week wait) was terrible.  I felt bloated, my boobs hurt so bad I would cry every time I took my bra off, was cramping, cried everyday for some reason or another and just felt gross!! Nevermind the countless times I googled symptoms... but it's literally impossible to tell as all the symptoms I was experiencing could be from all the hormones I had put in my body throughout the month, or I could be pregnant.

I kept my promise and didn't test!! Finally the 4th arrived.  I got to the office at 7:15 so I could be the first one through the door when it opened at 7:30, which would have been great if the office didn't open at 8:30 on Thursdays!!!! Yep... I sat in my car outside the office like a crazy person for over an hour.. to be fair I somehow never had an appointment there on Thursdays and thats the only day they open late.

I finally ran through the door and none of the staff could believe I didn't cheat and test at all!! I gave my blood and did my best to go on about my day.  I worked with my students and made it through my day without a phone call or passing out...

On the ride home the phone rang... it didn't work.. I couldn't believe it or breathe.  I drove home in tears until I finally had to pull over to take some deep breathes.  I had never felt pain like that before, it wasn't until then that I realized how much I believed it had work in my heart, although my brain told me over and over again that it probably wouldn't work.  I couldn't even call Chris... I wimped out and texted him, then got back on the road.  He called a few minutes later and listened to me cry the rest of my way home.

A short while later he came home, he told me he had called the doctors office and talked to them.  I couldn't believe he loved me that much and wanted a baby that much, that he called on his own to find out things I couldn't even attempt to ask.  He had set up an appointment for us to consult with the doctor now that we knew a little more and discuss the options in more detail and most importantly the prices of the options, as we knew our insurance wouldn't cover anything. There are no words to express how loved this made me feel.  He truly is my partner and wants this just as much as me.  I had read so many stories where women felt alone and I was and am truly grateful that I am not.  Chris is amazing and I wouldn't be able to do this without him by my side.



No comments:

Post a Comment