Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Laparoscopy

I had my surgery yesterday.  It was a very emotional day. I was actually scared to death.  I was terrified to wake up and find out my body could never carry a baby, or lose both of my tubes and NEVER be able to conceive naturally.

I'll save you the stress... it ended up being ok! I did have to have my right tube removed due to the Hydrosalpinx.  He also removed some endometriosis and some polyps. I have 3 incisions, by my belly button and 2 in the pelvic region.

I was in a lot of pain when I woke up.  I of course was crying... this seems to be my go to move coming out of these surgeries.  They gave me some more pain relievers and then some medicine to help with nausea. After letting me rest for 2 hours I got to go home. My pain was present all night, more like the worst cramps I have ever had. My incredible husband and Mother in Law took great care of me.

Today I woke up feeling much better.  I am more sore and tired today.  It hurts to get up and down, but I am following the recommended directions and moving around as much as I can.  I plan to rest for the rest of the week.

I have a follow-up visit with my doctor on Monday to remove my stitches and discuss our future.

I really just hope with all my might that this is our missing piece. I am feeling like I am at the end of my road.. I do not know how much more my heart can handle!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment