Monday, July 3, 2017

Go Away Cysts!!!

I took the Birth Control for the recommended 2 weeks.  I also started my new regimen of vitamins/supplements. Its a long list, so I am going to post it with pictures on the bottom, for any ladies that may be reading this for information.  I know I have looked on the internet for hours trying to figure out what supplements to take, how many mg, how many times a day and what brands... its impossible!! I consulted with my doctor about all that I am currently taking, some she could care less about and some she gave me very specific suggestions. As of now I can't tell if you anything is actually working and improving my egg quality but I will update it through out my process.

On May 22nd I went back in for a follow-up.... cysts were still there and too big to continue with any treatment. Doctor recommended finishing the Birth control pack and coming back after my period, she suggested that the bleeding from my period will help get rid of the cysts.  So off I went again to wait some more.

During this time I researched over and over again.  I read more and more stories and I just can't begin to explain to anyone that has not experienced this first hand what it feels like. It's completely overwhelming no mater how logical you are, no matter how much support you have and no matter how much you try to "relax".  I have hours where I don't think about having a baby at all, I'm completely distracted by other things in our life and then I have other moments where I start crying uncontrollably out of nowhere. I want to be a mother so bad and its really hard to feel like I won't be, then I remind myself that I will be one way or another and the cycle goes on and on.

I started to "spot" on Friday June 2nd, so the doctor had me come in. Again I can't say enough about my doctor so far, she constantly responds to me emails and has been very supportive. I went in and the cysts were still there... which was to be expected since I hadn't fully bled yet, but with the weekend coming we decided to be safe and check anyway.

Over the weekend I had a bad period with lots of cramping, so I went in for another appointment first thing Monday morning and the cysts had shrunk significantly!! Yeah!! We can finally start another round of meds for an IUI!

It was a small victory, but at least we are moving forward. Now I had to get ready to give myself some shots!!



List of Supplements

1. Thera Natal OvaVite- this is expensive- it has a very high quality Prenatal and 2 CoQ10 pills of extreme quality.  You have a 3 month supply shipped to you with automatic refills.  Here is the link and check with your doctor as they may have a code to save you some money- or find a way to contact me and Ill give you the code I have.  I take these 3 pills every morning- warning they are huge.

https://www.theralogix.com/sp/theralogix-theranatal-ovavite/

2.  Fish Oil 1000mg, 300mg Omega-3- I take 1 in the am and 1 at night. Also huge pills.

3. DHEA 25- this is also from theralogix- my doctor says its high quality and absorbs faster- this is the number one supplement recommended for anyone with low amh numbers- research it if you haven't read about it yet.  Each capsule is 25mg, its recommended to take 1 pill 3 times a day- I struggled to remember the afternoon pill since it was the only one I needed to take, so I take 2 in the am and 1 at night.  Here is the link, it also comes in a 90 day supply.

https://www.theralogix.com/sp/dhea-25/

4. Omega-3 Flaxseed Oil 1000mg- I take 1 in the am and 1 in the night- also huge pills

5. Inositol- this one was recommended to me by a friend- it promotes healthy cell membrane so she believes it helped her through her IVF process.  I take 1 each morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment