Wednesday, July 12, 2017

New Beginnings and Getting Organized

 7/12/17- First Baseline....

First clear scan in months!! No cysts at all! Let's hope this is a great sign of positive things to come!

So this means I am officially cleared to start my meds tomorrow. My protocol is as follows:

Clomid 200mg for 5 nights

On the 5th night start Follitison 225 units and Menopur 150 units

I go back for my next monitoring appointment on 7/19 and some things may need to be adjusted or added.  I have another appointment on 7/21.  At some point Ganrelix will be added to help slow down  ovulation, but keep my eggs growing.  Then I will be told to "pull the trigger" and take an additional shot to start ovulation, 36 hours later I will go in for the surgery.  Chris will come with me and give his specimen and he will be there when I wake up.

My retrieval will be the week of 7/24.

I am really excited, nervous and scared.  I am feeling a little better after sitting down with a nurse today.  I asked a million questions and she loved my organizational skills.  I told her I found a lot of the questions and tips on the Facebook support groups that I was a part of, so I couldn't take all the credit.

I made myself a calendar so it was easier to see my meds for the day using Word Calendar. See Below:


Then, I organized my meds in drawers on my dresser and posted some positive quotes and the calendar, so I can easily find everything when it is time for my medicine. I also set a timer on my phone so we will not get distracted and forget to take them!! My Doctor says its very important for them to be administered at the same time every night. 

I thought the positive quotes would give me something to look at and focus on while giving myself the shots.  

Here is what my dresser looks like... this is our life for the next 2 weeks, but in the end it will all be worth it! 













No comments:

Post a Comment