Friday, June 30, 2017

Decisions...

Chris and I are both extremely open minded and are blessed to have found each other.  We had actually had conversations about adoption before we even met.  If I am being completely honest, I have always had this feeling that I would adopt, I used to think it was because I just loved children and would love to be able to provide a child with love and family, now I wonder if it was some sort of  intuition into my future. Anyway, Chris was also 100% open to the idea of adopting, but now that we were actually in this position, we both decided that we really wanted to try for our own child first before we ran out of time completely. I did hours of research on my numbers, success rates and read many personal stories of many women who shared their experiences with fertility treatments.  Turns out there are no two women alike, its basically impossible to predict the future.. who knew?

We decided to start off conservative with an IUI, for those that are new to all the lingo, this is an Insemination.  Basically, they inject the sperm right into the uterus hours before ovulation should happen, so the sperm can be right there waiting or swimming to the egg.  You also have the option to take medicine to stimulate your ovaries in hopes of getting more than 1 mature egg before ovulation, there are several levels of these medications. We decided to start with the lowest form which is an oral pill, most common being Clomid.  We were both very worried after all the scenes you see on tv and movies that these meds would make me crazy or very uncomfortable, so we wanted to start off slow, but we were also very scared that we shouldn't waste more time...

We basically decided we would make the decisions together as they arrived, but this would be a good starting point.  We were open to IVF, Donor Eggs and then adoption if thats where the road takes us.  As long as we have each other we can get through anything, right?  Well this is where all the fun actually begins... little did I know how many minutes and hours I would spend waiting!!!  TTC (trying to conceive) is all about waiting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment