Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Meet The Morgans

Hey Readers,

      Thanks for reading our blog. Let me take a few minutes to introduce my husband, Chris and I.  My name is Kerri, I'm 33 almost 34 and I'm a Special Education Teacher. I work with Preschool age children that have developmental delays.  I love my job, I love to help the children be successful and support their classroom teachers in making accommodations. My husband Chris is 38 and the most amazing person I have ever met.  He is one of those guys that is so smart and has the ability to fix anything, he can look at anything and find a way to fix it or make it work again. His day job is measuring kitchens and bathrooms for Home Depot, he travels all over our region and deals with people all day long, yet still comes home with a smile on his face.

We met and fell in love instantly in March 2015. We actually met on a dating app called Tinder. Yes, thats right we are a successful Tinder match. We talked non stop for about 7 days before we finally met, and I can honestly say it was love at first sight. We were basically inseparable from there, we both had a crazy past when it came to relationships and both had given up on the myth of "true love" until we found each other. My thoughtful and creative husband planned an amazing proposal that actually ended up being played on national television... Ill share it later in the post.  We had a beautiful, small beach wedding in September 2016 (video posted below).  I can honestly say that I am happy, loved, wanted, supported and taken care of everyday by my husband, he is my best friend and loves me the way I dreamed about my whole life.  We are true partners and are now struggling with our biggest wish to start a family.

I decided to start this blog as an outlet to all my feelings while TTC (trying to conceive).  I pride myself as someone that has a lot of empathy towards others, I can't even watch a TV character cry without crying even harder, but I truly never understood how painful it could be to struggle to get pregnant. It may sound dramatic to someone that hasn't experienced it, but it truly does feel like you lost a loved one, month after month.  No matter how much you try to keep your head on straight, be logical and know the percentages, your body thanks to hormones and such can not help but become attached to the idea that a baby could be starting to grow inside of you.  I would like to state, that I realize we have not been "trying" for that long and there are many women that have struggled more and longer than I have so far, but this blog is for them too... people need to be aware of this struggle, how painful it can feel and ways you can support someone you know, I don't claim to be an expert at all, this is just my experience so far. Please be kind and remember I'm just a person wanting to raise a child with the love of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment