Thursday, July 27, 2017

Retrieve...Believe...Concieve

For those of you that are reading this to compare to your experience, I want to stress to you that literally EVERYTHING can change in between your monitoring appointments, so please do not loose hope!! Take a look at my monitoring appointments.

Wed 7/19- small follicles could barely be measured
Fri- 7/21- told might have to cancel- have 1 massive growth (probably a cyst), 2 smaller eggs, largest 13mm.
Mon 7/24- Large growth 28mm, 2- 19mm and one 13mm- things looking up told I could retrieve this week.
Wed 7/26- Large growth GONE!- follicles measuring at 23mm, 21mm, 19mm and 13mm- Maybe cyst popped or shrank, no way to tell until they get inside, however my estradiol dropped- so I think cyst disappeared and I may actually have 3 eggs!!- Doctor calls later and says pull trigger tonight and retrieval on Friday am after 14 days of taking medicine.


We pulled the trigger at 12:20am this morning!!! That basically means I took another shot early this am full of 10,000 iu of HCG to "trigger" my body to ovulate in 36 hours.  We both fell asleep and woke up in a panic... as you can see from our lovely picture.



 My retrieval is scheduled for the 35th hour at 11am on Friday morning.  A few people have asked me what exactly happens at the retrieval, well I will tell you what I know as of now...

Chris is going to produce his sample at home.  We then drive over the doctor, we are luck as it is only 5 minutes away, we need to arrive at 10:30am.  I will need to get changed and prepare for surgery. I will be receiving anesthesia and will be asleep through the process, but basically the doctor will go in with a needle using the ultrasound/camera machines to see and retrieve as many eggs as he can find.  We are really hoping for 3, but you never know... there could be less or more... its really freighting to think about! I will wake up a while later and eventually be able to go home... in the meantime the Embryologist will be making our miracles, hopefully all of the eggs that are retrieved will be fertilized with Chris's sperm, then they will become an embryo. Our little miracles will be watched over closely to make sure they are growing and maturing. Once they are 5 days old, a few of their cells will be sent to another lab for genetic testing, while the embryos are frozen,  and if they are all "normal" then we can schedule a transfer date in September where the embryo can be put back in my body in hopes they implant... this is basically the whole process... so as you can see tomorrow is a big day, and only the beginning of the process.

Thats the medical end of it... as for me, I'm doing my best to stay relaxed and positive. What is bringing me peace, is that one way or another we will get some answers tomorrow. I have literally given my whole self to this process, so I know I have already done everything that I can to help us make a baby and that NEEDS to be enough... the rest is out of my hands, what is meant to be at this point will be, and I know in my heart Chris and I will be stronger for it and move on to whatever is our next step.

I also bought myself this adorable, positive outfit to wear tomorrow. I figured it will help me feel relaxed, cute and happy, so why not!  It also came with a cute, positive note from the designer, which is always nice.  Thank you Lottie & Co from Etsy!!



One more thing for my fellow ladies that are just starting the process, this is a picture of my stomach after 10 days of injections, it looks worse than it feels... but it does hurt, I am bloated, nauseas and feel terrible.  I am having some difficulty making bowel movements and my stomach is kind of hard... I really hope after tomorrow I will feel better, but I just wanted you to hear and see how it affected me as I know this was a fear of mine going into the process...





No comments:

Post a Comment